Apr 2, 2009

On the eve of Najib's take over


I am having a strange feeling on the eve of Najib's take over the country's premiership. Obviously given the option I would not choose him as my PM, but the feeling is that : I am powerless to change the situation. The ordinary Malaysian citizen have no business in the running of the country. Can you imagine, in the age that we see democracy in action in US, here in Malaysia we are still stuck in the age of pre-merdeka, so ancient and so out-of -place. I was just celebrating the triumph of the democracy of 8th of March and here come the guy who has been chosen by the selected few of UMNO, the racist party in the 21st century to take over the government of Malaysia tomorrow.





I want to quote US again, not that I don't see their hypocrisy, but they are one of the best example on this earth now. In US those who forgot to pay their taxes would be queried of their suitability of high office, those that joke unintentionally about race would be punished severely in an election and the examples are countless. But here in our country, a PM candidate can just SMS to a suspect of a murder case, telling him not to worry because he can talk to AG and he would be find. No mainstream media carried the news, nothing happened to this candidate, he just arrogantly brushed off the accusation. Here in Malaysia the entire governmental institutions are established to serve only one purpose, that is to prolong the incumbent political party's rule over the country.





I have a feeling that the country is going back to the 80s and 90s during Mahathir's rule where they always win, where ISA, OSA and police were used freely to crash oppositions. I think I will go back to hibernation, again.



I am getting very very pessimistic about the future of Malaysia. When I can see all the oppressive laws abolished? With Najib taking over as PM, I don't think my hope will ever be materialised. Things will just go back to status quo, that's it, end of our struggle. The fruits of the democracy planted last March will possibly crumbling down soon.



I hope I am wrong about my fear. But I can't help with this feeling, this new PM don't inspire but only despair. The political dust storm has finally arrived and I just found out that I could not find any shelter to hide from it...

No comments: