Mar 8, 2009

Ketuanan Rakyat


I was at MBSA with Ashvin to listen to the Ketuanan Rakyat Pidato Kebangsaan by Dato Seri Anwar Ibrahim. It was an important speech that outlines the principal underlying Pakatan Rakyat's Governing Philosophy. I think the time has come for the Government to be managed by political parties that are multiracial in nature. I think million of Malaysians would like to see that one day Malays, Chinese, Indian and other Minorities sitting together to make our country's policies. Currently, UMNO is the one who makes all the policies and its Central Committee is the de facto Malaysian Cabinet, even more powerful than the Cabinet itself.



My hope for the future:

- Constitution will be respected

- ISA, OSA, University Act, Printing Act will be abolished

- Parliment will again become a place where people's voices are debated and an oversight body for the government policies

- Local council election


That 's my hope for the future for now.



No comments: