Oct 27, 2008

Waiting for Obama Pt 2



" Of course this is a silly proposition, unless Malaysia is USA's 52nd state! We would like to see Malaysia evolve into a country in which race nor religion matter in the appointment of prime ministers.

What matter one's moral righteousness, intellectual depth, uncompromising multiculturalist outlook, undying championing of the Constitution, prioritising of needs versus wants, and commitment to a two-term (eight year) prime ministership."
I could't agree more with Azly Rahman. And that is why I am waiting for Obama in Malaysia. Perhaps not in my generation but I hope it will happen in my grandchildren's grandchildren's generation, where skin color and religion do not matter anymore in the appointment of PM and whole lot of ministership. Some say I am dreaming, but so did some American who said so to Obama.
I believe with Obama as US president, the world would once again look towards America 's moral leadership in championing democracy, human rights and struggle against racist politics that are still alive and kicking, especially here in Malaysia. And I am going to say it again, with Obama as president, UMNO hopefully would be sent to muzium as an ancient relic for display.
YES WE CAN, YES WE CAN, YES WE CAN, YES WE CAN

No comments: